Theology and Science
任务 of Trinity’s Department of Theology and Science is to offer an integrative approach to the various scientific disciplines with theology to produce young men and women who know science and understand scientific thought without yielding to scientism.
视觉上 of Trinity’s Department of Theology and Science is for students to understand how the scientific disciplines and the book of nature, which do not contradict the book of Scripture, support the scientific predictions of the Christian 世界观; and students should understand and present scientific 信息rmation as a strong apologetic for the Christian faith.
The Rhetoric School Department of Theology and Science ~
- Imparts the principles of each scientific discipline.
- Integrates the scientific method across those various disciplines.
- Illuminates the ramifications of scientific discovery to a comprehensive 世界观.
- Illustrates the fingerprint of God within each scientific discipline.
The Rhetoric School Department of Theology and Science develops students ~
- Who understand the content of scientific disciplines.
- Who have developed tools of learning through exposure to scientific disciplines.
- Who include scientific discovery as part of the foundation to their Christian faith.
- Who have developed a sense of awe and wonder for God’s creation and who see the design aspect of creation.
Science at Trinity is a thoroughly modern study, integrated with the great ideas and the sense of history that characterizes a classical education. The goal of each class is to acquaint students with the progress of scientific thinking, the mental discipline required to think scientifically, and the specific skills students will need as they progress into advanced science studies in college.
Students of science at Trinity are taught that the comprehensiveness and the certainty of knowledge that science can provide is limited. All scientific theories, even those we might refer to as “laws,” are incomplete. 最终, scientific study can tell us a great deal about the world we live in, but it is not sufficient to answer the ultimate questions of human existence definitively. 科学研究, undertaken with humility, results in the proper conclusion that there is a difference between the Creator and His creatures. A humble approach to scientific discovery should stimulate an enthusiastic pursuit of truth. We recognize we are fallible human beings ever seeking answers to life’s most important questions.